Eine Infoveranstaltung mit Kulturellen Tanzen, Musik und Vorträgen über Nepalesischen Tourismus und Handel (TIME: 16:00-20:00): Entrance free.
Tourism is regarded as the main foreign currency earning sector in our country Nepal. Nepal being home to the Mt.Everest and birthplace of Lord Buddha offers unique tourism products as compared to rest of the world. The unique geographical features, majestic Himalayas, scenic beauty, vivid culture and warm hospitality of Nepalese people motivate travelers to visit Nepal.
Each year a huge number of tourists visit Nepal with different motivations. Among the various international tourism source markets for the tourism industry of Nepal, Germany stands in top 10 positions. The German tourist’s arrivals to Nepal in 2013 and 2014 (Pre-earthquake) was 22,263 and 18,028 respectively and in 2015 (Earthquake year) 16,405 and in the year 2016 (post-earthquake year) 23,182 German tourists visited Nepal. According to the Nepal Tourism Board’s statistics, the number of German tourists visiting Nepal in 2017 was 29,918 and it is expected that this number will rise sharply in 2018.
In this connection, Nepal Embassy, Berlin in collaboration with Honorary Public Relations Representative (HPRR) of NTB in Hamburg wishes to organize an event entitled ‘’ Nepal Tag’’ in Hamburg with the motto of promoting Nepal’s tourism and trade.
This Nepal-Tag is a half day event, first ever to be held in Hamburg and is expected to be the most promising event for the promotion of Nepal’s tourism and trade. The motto of this event is to promote Nepal’s tourism and trade by presenting Nepal’s arts, cultures, music, dance, food, and Nepal’s tourism products. This event also includes speeches/presentations from German distinguished personalities and His Excellency Ambassador of Nepal to Germany. The key speakers of the event are given below
- Honorable Ramesh Prasad Khanal (H.E Ambassador of Nepal to Germany )
- Honorable Jürgen Klimke (Former Bundestag Member 2002-2017)
- Honorable Matthias Meyer (Former Ambassador of Germany to Nepal, 2014-2017)
- Dr. Hartmut Meyer (Dipl-Kfm, Dipl-WiJur (FH), MPhil, PhD),
- Prof.Dr.Rupert Holzapfel (Studiengangsleiter Internationaler Studiengang Tourismusmanagement (ISTM), Hochschule Bremen
- Mrs.Barbara Schmidt-Ajayi (OAV German Asia-pacific Business Association, Hamburg: Regional Manager India/South Asia).
- Prof.Dr.Ing. Rajesh Saiju (Professor am Fachbereich Energie und Biotechnologie)
- Mr. Ram Pratap Thapa ( Honorary Consul General of Nepal to Germany, Köln)
Anmeldung zur Infoveranstaltung:
The stage and Hall of the venue will be decorated by Nepal’s tourism attractions banners, elements which reflect Nepal’s arts, culture, etc.
The program will be approx. 4 hrs long (16:00 hrs-20:00 hrs). However, the registration already begins at 15:30hrs with a cup of Nepali tea/coffee. The formal program starts at 16:00 with the instrumental music. After the inauguration ceremony at 16:00 hrs from HE Ambassador of Nepal to Germany (Jointly) with Special Guest,(Honorable Jürgen Klimke) the program officially kicks off. The presentations/speeches from key speakers and cultural program from different ethnic groups will be presented/performed following each other in succession. After the formal closing of the program at 19:30 hrs, buffet dinner with Nepali Cuisine starts
Targets groups: predominantly German Nationals, foreigners residing in Germany, Nepal’s well-wishers, friends of Nepal, Nepal related organizations/institutes, intended visitors to Nepal, Intended entrepreneurs for Nepal, Nepal’s enthusiasts etc.
Key objectives of the Event:
- To explain about the tourism destinations of Nepal
- To explain the current status- quo of the tourism industry of Nepal
- To give information about visa and legal formalities to Nepal
- To spread the message that Nepal is safe to travel
- To express appreciation and gratitude’s to the German people/state for their help and assistance for Nepal’s economic development and during the time of natural calamities
- To present ethnic and cultural dances of Nepal
- To promote Nepalese foods and products
Date and time of the Event
The date of the event is 17th of May 2018 at 16:00-20:00 Hrs
Venue of the Event Venue:
Delphi Showpalast, Eimsbütteler Chaussee 5, 20259 Hamburg
Organizers of the Event
- Nepal Embassy, Berlin.
- Nepal Tourism Board along with HPRR Germany,
- Non-Resident Nepali Association, Local Coordination Council Hamburg.
- Deutsche Nepali Gemeinschafts e.V. Hamburg
- Nepalese Entrepreneurs Association, Germany
- Nepalese Football club Hamburg
- Travelnepal.tours, Hamburg
We would be delightful to have you present at this event to hear and see Nepal’s arts, cultures, music, dances, to know the tourism attractions of Nepal and its current status -quo. Please kindly send us email at: email@example.com for your participation.